Westok takes your privacy seriously.
- This policy covers how Westok treats personal information that Westok
collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Westok
products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally
identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is
not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Westok
does not own or control, or to people that Westok does not employ or manage. In
addition, certain Westok associated companies such as Verity, Microsoft, eContent
have their own privacy statements.
Information Collection and Use
- Westok collects personal information when you register with Westok,
when you use Westok products or services, when you visit Westok pages or the pages
of certain Westok partners. Westok may combine information about you that we have
with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email
address. Once you register with Westok and sign in to our services, you are not
anonymous to us.
- Westok collects information about your transactions with us and with
some of our business partners.
- Westok automatically receives and records information on our server
logs from your browser, including your IP address, Westok cookie information, and
the page you request.
- Westok uses information for the following general purposes: to customize
the content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our
services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal
and partner clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Westok does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you
with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services
you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf
of or with Westok under confidentiality agreements. However, these companies do
not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish
or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate,
prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations
involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of
- Westok may set and access Westok cookies on your computer.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and
- You can edit your Westok Account Information, at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating
to the Westok service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and
the Westok Newsletter, that are considered part of your Westok account, without
offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can delete your Westok account by visiting our Account Deletion
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who
we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide
products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply
with national regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Westok may update this policy. We will notify you about significant
changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary
email address specified in your Westok account or by placing a prominent notice
on our site.